Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why I am writing this blog

Hello,

My name is Dan, and yes, like almost everyone else in the USA, I am working on, aah "managing my weight."  Yeah, I like that phrase a whole lot better than dieting.

But last year, my eyes were opened a little wider about weight loss, and some practices that are not that well known (at least to me) and the impact they have on weight management.

Let me tell you a little history first.  No I am not a doctor, nor am I related to any job the medical field.  In fact, why I started doing what I did, when I did, did not have to do with weight loss at all.  It had to do with my personal well being.  So like everyone else, I am speaking of my personal experiences.  I did not use any pills, or other diet program, I used some advice, and some common sense.  Just don't tell my wife, because then she might raise the bar on the expectation thing.


Anyways, I made the commitment, last January to lose some weight by the Holidays, specifically 50 lbs.  Even with this goal, I still have room to lose more.

Needless to say I fell a little short of my goal of 50 lbs.  Just so you know, I lost 30 lbs by my goal date.  Since then, I have lost 2 more pounds, and I expect to achieve my first goal during the summer of 2013.

What bugged me about my weight loss?  I lost more weight than I expected to lose by making the changes I made.  So during my vacation, I evaluated changes in my life that I did over the year, and researched them.

Almost every one of the changes I made last year, has some basis in fact, or a study done and the effect it has on weight loss.

I'll discuss these, habits if you will, going forward. 

I wish you well in the New Year, and may you achieve your New Year's resolution.

Dan

2 comments:

  1. Hi,Dan. I can't wait to hear your story. I'll have to share mine with you someday. About how eating the way I found made me feel a thousand times better than I had felt in decades. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello new_VA,

    I look forward to your story. While the changes I made feel like significant changes, I am always open to hear what worked and works for others.

    I still have some more weight to lose to meet my original goal. I believe that hearing and learning about what other people do, will only help me in the decisions I know that I will make in the future.

    ReplyDelete