Sunday, January 13, 2013

Commit Yourself!

Commit Yourself.

What does that mean?

In the context that I use it, it is a process.

It is:
  • Having a smart goal
  • Focusing on that goal
  • Being knowledgeable 
  • Being honest to yourself
  • Being dedicated
  • Being action orientated
 The single biggest difference between successful people and unsuccessful people?  Clear, written goals.

Please see this article:

http://www.darinspindler.com/general/successful-vs-unsuccessful-people-business-owners/

Now last year, I had the goal of losing 50 pounds.  Did I achieve that goal, I am sorry to say that I did not.  I only lost a little over 30 pounds.  I started 2012 at 285 pounds

My goal this year:  I will lose another 30 pounds by 31 December 2013, by using the "8 Rules for Weight Loss."  This year I started the year off at 252 pounds.  I am already below that as of this post.

Why did I not achieve my goal last year.  There are a few reasons, and one of them was not writing down my goal, and focusing on it.  I believe that there are a few other reasons, but the bottom line.  It is my responsibility, I did not stay focused as I did not have a goal.

This year, I am going to stay focused and I just wrote down my goal.

So until the next post...Commit Yourself!

Dan W.

No comments:

Post a Comment