Monday, January 28, 2013

Eat...Substitution

Hello Everyone,

Let's talk about substitution...I did in my other blog, and it got me to thinking about this one.

Man, I love a great idea.

There are lots of substitutions one can make in their diet.

Some of the substitutions one should consider:

Mashed Cauliflower instead of Mashed Potatoes.

More chicken versus steak or other dark meats, and if you're in the south, maybe a little gator to go along with the chicken.

Another, more fish instead of pork or chicken.

Rotate through your veggies at the store, talk to the people behind the counter about different recipes, or the best way to cook parsnip!

How many different lettuces are there?  Make a salad with different ones, through in some shredded carrot, purple onions, different olives, a few slices of them little bitty oranges they have in the store, and tie it all together with a clear and fruity vinaigrette.  WOW!  Your taste buds just freaken' exploded!

You just made an awesome salad, probably one that you would have to pay good money for at a decent restaurant.

Anyways, the point is mix up your diet a little, your body will just absolutely love you for it. 

Maybe, just maybe, you'll have to change that menu you keep of all the good ole stand-byes.  Every one has one, I do.  I have made some changes to mine in the past.

I used to have a foster child that was a vegetarian, after some talking I made some substitutions in the recipes I normally cooked.  You know, some of them were not half bad.

The point, if you have plateaued, and you believe you have checked everything else on my little list of things, change up your diet, try some new foods, or at the very least, try a few new recipes.

Until the next post....change up your diet, your body will thank you.

 Dan W.


No comments:

Post a Comment